This message was designed to apply the issue of God's guidance which was the subject of Genesis 24.
Here are some of the passages referred to in this message:
- Proverbs 19:14: “Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the Lord.”
- Matthew 1:20: “But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, ‘Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.’”
- Hosea 1:2: “When the Lord began to speak through Hosea, the Lord said to him, ‘Go, marry a promiscuous woman and have children with her, for like an adulterous wife this land is guilty of unfaithfulness to the Lord.’”
- Proverbs 3:5-6: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”
- 1 Thessalonians 4:3, 7: “It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality…. For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.”
- Proverbs 15:22: “Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.”